Industrial and utility piping systems are primarily used to transport or process fluids—both liquids and gases. These systems are designed and constructed to suit and support specific applications, such as heating, cooling, filtering, steam generation, or compression. By employing some of the principles of piping design, manufacturers can engineer and produce more efficient fluid transfer methods.
At Carolina Process Piping, we have extensive experience designing and installing high quality piping systems to meet our clients’ individual needs.
Overview of Piping Systems
We work with an array of materials to produce industrial process piping suitable for the safe and efficient transfer of various fluids. Some of the common materials used for piping construction include:
Industrial piping can also integrate a variety of inline components to help regulate fluid flow. For instance, valves are incorporated to control the direction, rate, and pressure within a system. An experienced piping engineer will take these devices into consideration when designing the system and adjust the materials and configuration accordingly.
Utility piping systems can be employed in a wide range of commercial, industrial, and residential structures, including:
- Chiller and boiler systems for apartments, schools, and business complexes
- Gas refineries for processing and auxiliary operations, such as steam, water, and distribution and delivery
As with any project, our team carefully considers the context and function of a utility piping system to select the most appropriate design for your unique application.
Types of Industrial & Utility Piping Systems
We design, install, and service almost any type of industrial or utility piping system, including:
- Steam Systems: Both high and low pressure steam systems rely on piping for heating.
- Water Systems: Piping is necessary for the production of potable filtered water, as well as reverse osmosis (RO), softened, and deionized (DI) water. Systems can also be used to facilitate water heating or chilling processes.
- Wastewater Systems: Most wastewater treatment processes rely heavily on piping systems for their monitoring, equalization, naturalization, and effluent handling operations.
- Compressed Air Piping: Compressed air piping delivers pressurized air to specific usage points, necessitating careful consideration of pipe size and layout. At CPP, we analyze variables, such as vibration, temperature, pressures, and environmental hazards, to ensure the optimal piping system design and configuration.
- Hot Water & Thermic Fluid Systems: Many piping systems transport hot water, which presents numerous engineering challenges. In these situations, we are careful to select the appropriate pipe thickness and insulation to minimize energy loss and maximize savings.
Piping systems are used in a diverse array of industrial and commercial settings. Some of our most common industries served include:
- Food and beverage
- Ammonia refrigeration
- General manufacturing
Contact Us for Quality Industrial and Utility Piping Systems
At Carolina Process Piping, our highly qualified technicians have extensive experience with industrial piping systems. Whether you are transporting air, water, or a volatile chemical, we will work closely with you to determine the optimal construction and layout to maximize fluid transfer and transport efficiency.
We offer design assistance and either shop or on-site fabrication that is always fully compliant with quality and safety standards. All our installations are also engineered to accommodate maintenance and future enhancements.
To start a conversation about your piping system project, contact us today.
Carolina Process Piping is proudly affiliated with top contractor management services to give you the confidence you need when choosing a supplier. You want to be assured that the contractor you choose has the expertise, qualifications, workforce and certifications. Carolina Process Piping, through its affiliations with these major contractor management services, gives you the assurance you are selecting the right company for your valuable projects.